Industrial Automation Specialist/ Programmer
About Dominion Automation
It all started 15 years ago with a dynamic team of dedicated automation specialists who worked at Siemens Canada supporting all sectors in the Canadian market: food and beverage, automotive, chemical, metals, water and waste water, plastics, material handling, and solar renewable energy.
Eight years ago, the same team decided to take this applications know-how and offer complete services and solutions.
Dominion Automation is becoming a leading designer and integrator of complete industrial automation solutions servicing large and small scale production-critical companies in Ontario and abroad that seek a competitive edge in their manufacturing processes.
We are a customer focused company who is looking for individuals who are highly skilled, career oriented types interested in working for a company where there are many opportunities for personal and professional growth.
The successful candidate will be part of a team that designs, specs and implements electrical controls, automation and drives projects including IT-interfaces for all production machinery in manufacturing.
The Industrial Automation Programmer/ Developer will:
- Program and configure PLCs, HMI, and SCADA from multiple venders.
- Configure, install, and commission new/retrofitted platforms
- Troubleshoot and service automation systems
- Create/maintain company engineering drawings and documentation
- Manage multiple projects and ensure deadline are met.
- Minimum 5 years of related experience with different platforms (Siemens, Allan Bradley, Omron, Schneider)
- Experience with AutoCad
- Ability to travel both nationally and internationally (40%)
- Team player with good communication skills
Experience/familiarity with EPLAN and SIEMENS Platform are considered a plus. The ability to effectively communicate with customers, colleagues and management is required.